Tabs

Thursday, October 28, 2010

I have been a blog neglecting the ol' blog lately. You might be looking at the "Loving God and loving people" title pop up on your blog feed going now who is that again??? The truth is I have absolutely not been able to get my brain to coherently organize thoughts since this semester has started.

News flash: college is all sunshine and roses till your senior year methods semester hits (all you teachers out there know what I am talking about). Its all about this theory and that theory, this method and that method. Then, there is your placement. Can someone say reality check?

I am usually a very positive person. If there is a bright side to something you can be sure I will find it. That said, I left my placement today thinking, "Laura, what in this great big entire world, have you gotten yourself into?!" There really are just those days where I walk away questioning my future career as a teacher.

I felt so negative and put down the rest of the afternoon. But, after feeling sorry for myself for a little while I realized something. I am not doing this alone. I am not doing this by my own power. Whatever good comes from me as a teacher (or in general) is not my work but God's work through me. No matter how overwhelmed and hopeless I might feel in a situation my Lord will never leave me or forsake me. So, instead of whining and feeling sorry for myself, all I have to do is stop trying to drive! Give Him the reigns and he will do mighty works. That realization never gets old. I praise Him for that! This has no doubt been rough semester, but I can feel Him pulling me closer, shaping me, and teaching me. It is funny how tough times will do that!

On a side note, I am doing the Beth Moore Esther study and loving it! I highly recommend it to anyone looking for some encouraging time with God. As He usually does, God has placed this in my lap with the most perfect timing.

Hope y'all are having a wonderful fall! God Bless!

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment