Tabs

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The Seven Challenge

 

After being sick all day today, when I should have been eating chicken noodle soup for dinner tonight, I sent my man to Jalapenos to get me a Taco Fajita with chips and cheese dip.  And for dessert?  Well, chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream of course.  Probably not the best thing I could be eating after battling a fever all day, but it was my last meal before my eating habits drastically change for a month. 

I blame Jen Hatmaker and Julie Kopf.  Jen, you wrote this self convicting, utterly entertaining book about reduction, and Julie, you said, “Hey!  Let’s do what she did!” 

So here I am.  Starting tomorrow I will be eating only seven foods for one month.  The food?

  • Chicken
  • Eggs
  • Sweet Potatoes
  • Spinach
  • Wheat bread
  • Avocados
  • Apples 

 

Up until this point I have been very nervous and even a little frightened.  All of which indicates how entrenched in the consumer mindset I am and how badly I need this fast.  Now I am kind of excited to see what I am going to learn and how I am going to experience Jesus through this.  And you my dear blog will get to hear all about it.  You are my outlet.  The good. The bad. The ugly.  Is sure to come out in the next 31 days.  But hopefully through all of that and amidst all of that we will see Jesus.

I will explain more about this book as a whole later, but right now I need to lie down and get rid of this pesky fever before work tomorrow.       

No comments:

Post a Comment